Thursday, May 7, 2009

More on Wikis

I find that wikis are very convenient as a place to store things (pictures, video, lesson plans, PowerPoint projects, etc.) In addition to my library wiki, I also maintain a wiki for the school called the DSMS Best Practices wiki http://dsmsbestpractices.pbworks.com/. This is where I keep the library and laptop calendars. While some teachers use this wiki, it is definitely under-utilized. Next year, I would like to work on increasing the publicity for this wiki so that teachers will see the value and will use it to collaborate and share with their grade level departments and teams.

This year, I decided to put my end-of-the-year report on the wiki http://dsmsbestpractices.pbworks.com/Library+End-of-Year+Report. I used our new evaluation tool as the format for my report and added some statistics. Advantages of this format are that everything is in one spot and I was able to include examples. Next year, I would like to start this page at the beginning of the year and just add the projects and information thoughout the year.

2 comments:

George E. Duckett said...

Hello I'm new to the School Library Learning 2.0. So far you blog is the active one I have found so far> I have just started the SLL 2.0 project and am looking for other active bloggers to have a look at my blog.

My blog is located at:
http://reawararesearch.blogspot.com/
hope you do have time to look my blog over and give me feed back. As well as doing the SLL 2.0 project I intend to continue doing my research and posting information about free software.

Thanks George

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Good to see you are still blogging and using Wikis and such.