Thursday, July 19, 2007

Week 5, Thing 10

The online generators are a lot of fun. We have an author visit with Michael Buckley scheduled for September 27. I need to get the books in the students' hands as soon as school starts so I decided to use this activity to start my PR campaign. The Comic Strip Generator http://www.comicstripgenerator.com/ was extremely easy to use. Someone mentioned in her post that she plans on using this site to make library signs. I agree that this would be a great use of this site - humor is a great tool.




I used Flickr Toys http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/ to create the movie poster and the magazine cover. I also played around with Image Chef, another very user friendly site. We live in a very visual society and these tools can help us get our point across. I definely plan on exploring more online generator sites and to definitely keep playing.

1 comment:

Liz Dodds said...

You have really used these tools well. You are so right about the visual society.