Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Week 6, Thing 13

Bookmarking sites are great. I think most of us have tons of bookmarks or favorites and even forget what we've found in the past. These sites allow us to organize our bookmarks and, more importantly, access them from any computer. I've been using iKeepBookmarks for awhile. It is very simple and uses a folder system. It is much smaller than del.icio.us. I had never used the social aspect before so yesterday I played around with searching on the iKeepBookmarks site and I found some wonderful sites for a school project.

Then I went to del.icio.us and played. The tutorial was not working, but I went to some blogs that explain how to use it. There is so much great information that it really is amazing. I'm new to tags, but I really see the value. Sometimes the connections we see and that make the most sense to us are not the most conventional. Tags allow us to take advantage of these connections. I spent a couple of hours just exploring and will definitely spend some more time.

No comments: